7 Ways Home Automation Can Improve Home Values
March 11, 2018
Home automation has many benefits, from saving you time to improving your enjoyment of your home. If we follow the current path that technology is taking us on, it is becoming increasingly important to have a technology-friendly house. If you simply think about how much we use technology and Wi-Fi enabled equipment on a daily basis, it’s easy to understand how important it is to have a home that is ready for home automation. Furnishing your house with home automation can dramatically increase its value today, as well as its potential resale value. Here are some ways that the inclusion of home automation in your home makes it more pleasant to live in and more valuable to own.
1. Safe as Houses: Having a fully integrated home automation system means that you have greater control over who has access to your home. Setting up a lighting system to keep the exterior of your home well lit in the evenings as well as when leaving or arriving can also make it much safer, and a safe home is more valuable!
2. Knock Knock, Who’s There?: You can also set up an intercom system that allows you to see who is ringing the doorbell and you can therefore tell whether visitors are welcomed guests or not. Fingerprint access control makes things even safer, as only those you and family members designate have access to your home.
3. Let it Shine: Having a smart lighting system truly is the way forward. Having a smart lighting system installed in your home helps you create the right mood and save energy at the same time, all while controlling the whole system with the touch of a button.
4. Fuel for Thought: Managing your energy is a simple task with full solutions to help you monitor, analyze and correct your energy usage habits. This ensures your home is operating in the most efficient way possible. You can stay in complete control by logging onto your energy management solution via any smart phone or tablet – notifying you of any changes that happen throughout the day or night. This is certainly one of the easiest ways to add value to your property, as it also helps to save money every month going forward.
5. Hello Darkness, My Old Friend: Motorized shade control is one of the simplest ways to take control of your home and environment. Not only is motorized shading beautifully designed and a visual asset to your décor, but it is an investment for your expensive furnishings as it prevents damage from harsh UV rays. Investing in professional shading solutions protects your other assets, which increases your resale value.
6. Wired Up: Professional structured wiring can add thousands of dollars, if not more, to the value of your home. Many modern appliances require an internet connection in order to work properly, and with all of the valuable electronics now kept on your property, your security system is something you rely on more than ever before. A great way to ensure that all of the elements that make up your household work perfectly is to have professional and appropriate structured wiring done.
7. Your Audio, Everywhere: Stream different television channels or radio stations to a variety of devices simultaneously, so everyone in your home can relax at their own pace. Or the whole family piles onto one couch for a night of fun video games. Create a different atmosphere each time with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth speakers so that you are always sitting in the acoustic sweet spot. You can even take the theater outside on those hot summer nights with digital projectors. There are many reasons that having a whole-house audio/video system increases the value of your home, but the best reason is that it adds fun.